Do You Need Rider Insurance?
Who needs rider insurance?
If you ride but do not own a horse, it's definitely worth considering rider insurance, also known as rider only insurance. Riding accidents can happen to anyone at any time and it is important for all riders to consider whether they could cope financially if they had an accident whilst riding, or if the horse they were riding caused an accident involving other horses or third parties. So whether you have a horse on part loan, regularly ride at a riding school or only ride occasionally, Petplan Equine's Rider Plan can provide the cover that you need.
What benefits are included in rider insurance?
With cover available for children and adults aged 5-75 years old Petplan Equine's Rider Plan offers a host of benefits including:
- A choice of personal accident cover plans including cover for dental treatment
- Payment of up to £50 for every 24 hours you stay in hospital
- Cover for your riding equipment if it is lost or stolen
- Tuition fees for riders aged under 18 years if they cannot attend classes because of a riding injury
- Emergency vets fees up to £1,500 for the horse being ridden
Terms, conditions and excesses apply.
With a choice of three rider insurance policies, whether you are a novice or an experienced rider there is a plan to suit your needs. Prices range from as little as £4.25 per month for our Young Rider plan up to £8.25 per month for our Deluxe plan.
Why should I purchase rider insurance from Petplan Equine?
With over 20 years experience in this specialist area Petplan Equine is a specialist equine insurance provider that fully understands your needs as a rider. Purchase Rider Insurance with us and you will benefit from the following:
- Financial protection against unexpected bills
- Excellent service from specialised equestrian enthusiasts
- Personal Accident and Third Party Liability cover>
- Exclusive offers and discounts
- Exclusive customer magazine 'Paces'
- Fast fair claims settlement
- Policies created to suit your need